CNR-BSP Research Program
CNR-BSP 2015 Summer Research Program
If you are interested in CNR-BSP, please apply to BSP's Program for Early Researchers!
The CNR-BSP internship provides opportunities for BSP students to conduct research in the laboratories of selected CNR faculty during the summer (10 weeks). Students are matched with faculty based on mutual interest and are mentored by faculty, post-docs and graduate students who are committed to mentoring young scientists. Students will meet bi-weekly with CNR staff and also attend faculty seminars and workshops with our summer undergraduate researchers. Interns will also develop their leadership and communication skills by organizing and presenting at the annual BSP Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium on July 31.
There are many exciting research projects to explore ranging from the impacts of current agricultural practices on bee populations to understanding the transmission of diseases in agricultural species. Read the short project summaries to find out more.
The program dates for Summer 2015 are May 26 – July 31, 2015. Students must be able to commit to the full 10 week program and at least 30 hours/week in the lab. Students receive a stipend of $4000 and a $200 supply allowance. Students may have the opportunity to extend this research opportunity into the Fall 2015 semester.
Apply to CNR-BSP
Applications for Summer 2015 must be submitted April 29 by 9 a.m.
How to Apply
- Review the project summaries and follow the links to read the more complete project descriptions
- If you find a project/lab that interests you - go to the faculty member's website to learn more about his or her research
- Choose up to 4 faculty with whom you would like to work or projects you would like to work on. If you are having a hard time deciding on what interests you or figuring out what the projects entail- come speak to a BSP advisor in 2018 VLSB or email us
- Complete the electronic application below
- Currently enrolled BSP student
- Students from all majors eligible- you do NOT have to be in CNR
- Students cannot take summer classes while participating in CNR-BSP as they are expected to commit fully to the program
- Preference for students who have at least one more year left at Cal